|Image via Pexels|
Explore the Different Types of Remote Work
As you begin your search for new work-from-home jobs, you’ll first need to think about the specific type of remote work opportunity you’re looking for.
Several types of remote work opportunities include:
- Side gigs like pet sitting, online tutoring, website testing, and dropshipping.
- Freelancing your expertise as a sole trader or limited liability company (LLC).
- Full-time remote work for companies that hire work-from-home employees.
Finding and landing a remote work opportunity may seem impossible in a time like COVID-19, but it’ll be easier than you think if you know where to look.
- Search through online job boards like FlexJobs, Remotive, Dribble, and Freelancer.com.
- Create an impressive freelancer profile on Upwork and start submitting proposals.
- Use your LinkedIn profile to search for freelance jobs and telecommute opportunities.
- Attract new clients by creating or updating your personal portfolio, utilizing your social media platforms, and learning everything you can about your target market.
In order to comfortably and productively get your work done from home, you need a dedicated office space, self-motivation, and excellent written communication skills. The following tips will help you to build and maintain a productive and long-lasting work-from-home career.
- Design a home office that fits your lifestyle and motivates you to meet your goals.
- Practice mindful productivity while working remotely during the coronavirus crisis.
- Improve collaboration in the remote work age by familiarizing yourself with digital communication tools like Slack, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams.
- Disconnect from work at the end of each day by catching up on your favourite blogs, social media networks, and news stories.
By Matt Williams of wfmdepot.com